ANDERSON, S.C. - After two days of play, including a weather delay on Friday afternoon, the Emmanuel College men's golf team finished 5th at the Anderson University Invitational. Competition took place at the 6,961 yard, par-72 Cobb's Glen Country Club.
Competition included Anderson University, Erskine College, Southern Wesleyan University, Spartanburg Methodist College, and Bob Jones University. Cape Fear Community College competed in day one, but was forced to withdraw and return to the Tar Heel State due to the impending threat from Hurricane Florence.
The Lions finished 11 strokes ahead of Spartanburg Methodist College with a final score of 634, +58 above par.
Leading the team was Freshman Karl Westroth in 21st place with a final score of 158, +14 over par. Senior Erik Sundstrom followed behind in 24th place at +16 over, followed by Sophomore Logan Reese who tied for 25th at +17 over.
- Erskine College - 589 +13
- Southern Wesleyan - 591 +15
- Anderson - 601 +25
- Erskine College (B) - 623 +47
- Emmanuel College - 634 +58
- Spartanburg Methodist College - 645 +69
- Bob Jones University - 670 +94
- 21 Karl Westroth - 158 +14
- 24 Erik Sundstrom - 160 +16
- T25 Logan Reese - 161 +17
- T28 Emilio Fanjul - 163 +19
- 32 Edvin Nilsrud - 168 +24
The Lion's will return to action on Tuesday, September 25th where they will compete at the NCCAA South Regional Tournament.
For more news on Emmanuel College Athletics, visit goeclions.com.